The final result took me about three days to produce. It wouldn’t have taken so long but I had never used Premiere Pro before. I decided to learn as I went along using Youtube instructional videos to help me when I got stuck. The hardest part was learning how to animate on Premiere Pro. It took me a while to understand the basics and even then I was still unsure on what I was actually doing; anyway, after a lot of fiddling and tweaking I managed to produce roughly what I had in mind.
It was a lengthy, but enjoyable process. Not many things went wrong and in the end the program performed perfectly. As I had already done a rough story boarding before hand I knew what I had to do so it was just a matter of following the steps one scene at a time. Thankfully I didn’t make the story boarding too complicated otherwise I probably wouldn’t have finished in time.
If I had more time and better knowledge of the software I probably would have animated the animals a bit better. If they had moving limbs and better facial expressions then it could have opened up more opportunities for humor. If anything the final video looks more like a polished animatic then a polished product. However, maybe the reason why the video is so successful is because of the rough animation. The audience can clearly see it’s no professional video so they take the topic less seriously as well which relaxes them a bit. Maybe an overly complicated animation would have distracted the eyes of the audience into all the wrong places and drawn their attention away from the story line.
I enjoy the final product because its a really basic narrative. I think having a basic story like this is important for any animation and I hope to maybe develop on this idea in the future if I get the chance.